Sunday 1 July 2007

Thorpey's Retirement

It's good to see that Our Thorpey, now that he has given up on swimming, has something else to occupy his time. He has become an eco-warrior (possibly not news to anyone else in Australia, but I hadn't heard). No doubt he is doing other things too, but this arvo while in a frenzy of telly-viewing, I have been told by Thorpey about ways to build a good compost heap, and about how to make my workplace greener. Which is all well and good, except that I am unemployed and I live in a small apartment on the 9th floor (or is it not the 9th floor? Good lord, I have been away for a month and suddenly I might not be able to get home again. Reto, if you are reading this you have to come and collect me at the airport. Or at least at the train station). Plus of course I am ludicrously green anyway, if you don't count all the flying back and forth across the globe (sigh).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We live on the 8th floor.